Saturday, April 3, 2010

My new favorite recipe....

YES, I do have a favorite recipe. I have made this twice now in the last week and it is addictive. And to top it is off it is super easy to make, and very healthy. It tastes like the inside of a pumpkin pie. The consistency is sort of like flan, so have a spoon handy.

Now that I know how it is supposed to turn our according to the recipe, my goal is to try and tweak it a little and replace out the milk with almond milk and also to add some protein powder into it.

But as is it is a great treat and everyone who has been to my house and tried it loves it. I don't put the raisins in it (they are gummy food which I hate *smile*).

Thanks Paige for sharing!

http://www.diabetic-recipes.com/recipes/feb98_b.2.htm

Pumpkin Muffin Meal

1/2 cup (125 g) canned solid-pack pumpkin

1 small ripe banana, 4 ounces (120 g)
1/2 cup (120 ml) 1% milk
1 tablespoon (15 ml) granulated brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) salt
1 large egg yolk
2 tablespoons (30 ml) raisins


1.Preheat oven to 300°F (149°C). Lightly spray 5 cups of a standard muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill the 6th cup with a little water.


2.In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients except raisins until mixture is smooth. Stir in the raisins. Spoon the mixture into the 5 prepared muffin cups. Bake for 45 minutes.


3.Unmold and serve when cool enough to eat by hand or refrigerate for up to 1 week and serve cold.


Per serving: 75 calories (17% calories from fat), 2 g protein, 2 g total fat (0.5 g saturated fat), 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 44 g cholesterol, 133 g sodium
Exchanges: 1 carbohydrate (1 fruit)

2 comments:

  1. The milk substitution should be fine but take it easy on the protein powder-it could gum up the works. I would suggest adding x2 parts additional almond milk with the powder and hold it to about a tablespoon to start. With all of Phil's special diets over the years vegetarian-vegan-gluten free I have become pretty adept at substitutions. Personally I hate pumpkin pie (for consistency reasons) bring on the raisons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Donna.....I looovveee pumpkin pie so was extremely grateful when this recipe was shared with me. It takes a LOT to get me to bake and I have made these twice since I got home Wednesday night!

    ReplyDelete