Saturday, May 22, 2010

Focus...beliEVE...and Tri.....

Tomorrow is the indoor triathlon I posted about a while ago. I am lucky to be joined in trying this with a great group of women, from the nutrition class I took this winter....together with Ann, Jen, Ronna, Sue, and Shelia (and our coach and cheerleader Kristin) we make up "TEAM FOCUS". Every one of us struggle on a daily basis with our weight and just signing up for this is an accomplishment for us. Ladies I am so proud of you and proud to be doing this with you.

Personally just getting through this event is my goal. I have no ambition of scoring well in at least 2 of the 3 events, but for me just getting through it and saying I completed at Tri is really all I am hoping to get through this time. That may sound like selling myself short, but being that a year ago, even 6 months ago just getting through one seemed so impossible, I consider just starting this event a major win!!!!

Our team color is pink....I have opted to wear the Believe T-shirt I wore with another great group of ladies this winter!!!! BeliEVE is a word of strength and empowerment in this group, especially when facing some tough obstacles...I will be carrying the strength I have learned from Eve and all the women who tried to help her with me tomorrow!!!

Our team is part of the 7th "wave" and we start at 9am at the Eagan Lifetime Fitness club. Anyone nearby who wants to come cheer us on feel free...wear your pink!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment