Friday, May 28, 2010

It's here, it's here, it's here....my milestone marker.....

"Made the start and it was hard
We lived and learned, life threw curves
There was joy, there was hurt
Remember when" Alan Jackson

Six months one day and 54 lbs (or if you are using the other scale *smile* one year two days and 81 pounds, but lets go by the first one for this post *grin*). How fast it has gone and how much I have lost are both still really surreal to me. I still have to remind myself and often be reminded of what I have done. I mentioned a few weeks ago in my tips for others, have a milestone marker. I finally have mine! I have tried to keep quiet that I was doing this, til I had it, but that was not easy as excited as I was.

Two and a half weeks ago when I hit my 50 pound mark (the first time, it has been a roller coaster the last couple weeks) that it was time to do something, I was 1/3 of the way on this journey and I needed to commemorate that and also give myself something to keep me moving forward. Since all my rings are too big now, I decided jewelry was the right answer. I wanted a ring that I could add to every 50 lbs I lose.

I wasn't sure how to accomplish this but as with most things in life, it wasn't about having the answer, it was about knowing who to ask for the answer. So off to the best of the best I went, Continential Diamond in St. Louis Park, MN. Judy, one of the co-owners there helped me find the perfect solution. A deep purple (yes my friends it is "foo foo purple" )amethyst in a gorgeous gold setting. The amethyst is for the first 50 lbs I have already lost. The setting was seletected so that for each of the additional 50 I hope to lose a diamond can be channel set on either side of the main stone. That way I have my current accomplishments and my goals to keep me on track also.

After my workout today, Judy called and said it was ready!!!! I couldn't get there fast enough. It is breath taking (these pictures do NOT do it justice in any way, its hard to photograph a ring I have learned).

The day I ordered the ring I was telling my friend Barb about it and mentioned I had thought I wanted a purple sapphire, but Judy recommended an amethyst. Barb then told me about the meaning of the amethyst, and that it is known as the "healing gemstone".

As I came home and read about this I learned it is also known as the "stone of transformation". Obviously it was the perfect choice to commemorate the greatest transformation in my life!!!!!!

Ok this is a late edition photo, I can't seem to get a good shot of the top...but here it is Kathy!!!!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful ring, Pam! Can you take a picture from the top and post? I love purple and love that ring!

    Congrats!

    ps, this is Kathy, I forget how to sign onto this blog, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy added for you, but cant get a great top shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amethysts are my favorite.....great choice. It is beautiful Pam!! Mel

    ReplyDelete