Saturday, July 3, 2010

One week, I can do anything for one week, can't I..........

I just made a promise, and I don't do that lightly. If I commit to something I see it through, which is why it took me so long to say yes to this. But I have just promised my trainer I will stay away from all scales for one week, and more importantly, still eat what I am supposed to even though I am not able to make sure I am "in check" according to the number on the scale. This is TERRIFYING. 

Going without the scale I could do easily, but when I do I know myself. I immediately start cutting back on eating. Logically I know the two should not be linked, but in my screwed up brain they are. The scale tells me if I am ok to eat what I am supposed to that day. Which is the great irony since by not eating I tend to gain, but when I am where I am right now, that doesn't always sink in.

I'm scared of this week. I am scared of managing this and not over obsessing and not eating. I'm scared of this being an emotional roller coaster. But fear has never stopped me before, so here we go....wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment